You have to stop it!
Do you suspect, or know that your child is abusing drugs?
Early intervention is of paramount importance. Casual experimentation with drugs can easily turn into addiction and it may escalate into other kinds of problems, such as a brush with the law, road accidents, and diseases associated with drug abuse such as HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and TB.
Among the interventionary measures you can take include:
• Monitoring your child’s behaviour and activities
• Establishing limits and firm rules
• Seeking outside help and support should the need arise
• Have a constructive discussion with your child
• Keep calm, share your concerns with a third party and listen more